We’re celebrating World Oceans Day all week long with ocean-related crafts. One of our favorite ocean creatures is the jellyfish! Jellyfish have inhabited the world’s oceans since before the dinosaurs! Here’s how to make your own jellyfish at home!
Messy level: 3 (paints)
(5 = Super messy. 1 = Not messy at all.)
- Paper plate
- Small piece of cardboard
- Popsicle stick
- Sticker or googly eyes (optional)
1. Cut your small piece of cardboard into a half circle.
2. Paint away! Paint your cardboard piece whatever color you’d like your jellyfish to be. Paint your plate ocean colors. Let dry.
3. If you have sticker or googly eyes, add those to your jelly fish body. (Or you can paint on eyes.)
4. Cut short strands of yarn to become your jelly fish tentacles. You can add as many or few as you’d like. Tape them to the back of your jelly fish body.
5. Tape your jelly fish to the top of your popsicle stick.
6. Use scissors or an X-Acto knife to cut a slit in the middle of your plate.
7. Slip your popsicle stick into the slit. Your jelly fish is now ready to “swim!”