Disney released the recipe for their famous grilled cheese sandwich served at Woody’s Lunch Box. Here’s Miss Rita’s tips and tricks about making this cheesy concoction.
Want more? Be sure to tune into PoPLab every Saturday on our Facebook page!
Messy level: 1-2 (Depends on age of children.)
(5 = Super messy. 1 = Not messy at all.)
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar
- Heavy cream
- Coarse salt
- Artisan bread
- Cheddar and provolone cheese slices
Disney’s official recipe can be found here.
What we learned
1. You may want to slightly lessen the salt depending on your preference.
2. If your stove typically runs hotter than most, turn the temperature down just below medium. The first test sandwich came out a little bit too crispy (burnt).
3. The recipe makes enough for four sandwiches but depending on your ingredients, you can make them stretch to make more.
4. After making our eighth sandwich, we ran out of cream cheese and made the sandwich without that component. It still tasted delicious.
5. A good blender works in a pinch if you don’t have a food processor. You can also dice up your cheese really well and hand mix. Just make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature.