Take breakfast to an adorable level with this cute crab croissant made with fruit and love!
Messy level: 1
(5 = Super messy. 1 = Not messy at all.)
- Plain croissant (We got ours from our friends at Sift Bake Shop.)
- 3 Large strawberries
- 1 Banana
- 2 Blueberries
- Knife (or butter knife if doing project with children)
1. Gather your fruit. You’ll need five large strawberries halves (feel free to eat the sixth piece!), two blueberries and two banana sections.
2. Cut a triangle out of four of the strawberry halves to form the crab’s claws.
3. Slice a fifth strawberry half to make it 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick and flat. This piece will be the crab’s tongue!
4. Cut a slit the width of your strawberry tongue into the side of your croissant. Insert the strawberry.
5. Using toothpicks (and going in at an angle), carefully adhere each blueberry to a banana slice and each banana slice to the top of your croissant. (This takes some patience. Please be careful not to poke fingers. If doing project with children, we recommend an adult do this step.)
6. Place the strawberry claws around your croissant (two in front, two in back) to complete your crab!
– from the creative mind of Miss Rita