Take rocks you find on your nature walks and turn them into these colorful “cacti!”
Messy level: 2
(5 = Super messy. 1 = Not messy at all.)
- Rocks (the smoother, the better)
- Small terracotta pots
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Hot glue (if using googly eyes)
1. Clean rocks and let dry completely.
2. Paint your rocks any shade of green you’d like. Let dry.
3. Using a light color such as white, add designs like polka dots or dashes to your cacti.
4. Add googly eyes with hot glue or paint on your own eyes.
5. Fill your pots with dirt. If your rocks are tall or top heavy, you’ll want to make sure the dirt is packed in.
6. Shove your rock into your dirt-filled pot.
7. These colorful cacti are ready to decorate desk or shelf!