In war-torn battlefields, the red field poppy was one of the first plants to grow. The red flower is now a symbol for Memorial Day, to honor the fallen and support the living who have worn our nation’s uniform.
Messy level: 4 painting the egg carton pieces gets pretty messy
(5 = Super messy. 1 = Not messy at all.)
- Egg carton
- Paint brush
- Paint (red/black/green)
- Paper plate
- Glue or hot glue
1. Use a ruler and pencil and draw two parallel lines across the plate.
2. Cut out both sides above and below the line.
3. Cut apart egg carton pieces. See image below on how to cut the carton into a flower shape. Smaller children can simply even out the carton section edge.
4. Paint all the egg carton pieces red. Let dry completely. Add a black paint dot to the inside of each poppy. Let dry.
5. Glue egg carton pieces onto plate!
6. Write REMEMBER in the middle with a marker.
7. Hang in honor of Memorial Day. <3
– from the creative mind of Miss Heather