Everyone’s favorite wookie is now a cookie!
Messy level: 3
(5 = Super messy. 1 = Not messy at all.)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Gingerbread man cookie cutter
- Black gel icing
- Grey sprinkles or round white sprinkles
- Milk (optional)
- Blue food coloring (optional)
1. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
2. In a large bowl, blend together butter, brown sugar and egg until smooth.
3. Add molasses (careful it’s sticky!) and vanilla and blend some more.
4. Slowly add your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients.
5. Place dough in a zip lock bag and store in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
6. Once dough is ready, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
8. Roll dough out to a little over a quarter of an inch thick. Be sure to flour your workspace!
9. Use your gingerbread man cookie cutter to cut out cookies. Press a fur pattern onto your cookie using a fork.
10. Bake cookies for 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
11. Time to decorate! Use the black gel icing and grey sprinkles to make Chewbacca’s bowcaster holder. Add three dots to the head to make his eyes and nose.
12. Serve with blue milk! (optional: Mix one drop of blue food coloring into milk.)