Love them or hate them, Peeps will always hold a place in just about everyone’s Easter basket. So this week we’re doing a series of three S.T.E.A.M.-based experiments involving the cute confections! Here’s our second installment in this blog series which requires some math and experimentation to get the consistency just right!
- 5 Peeps
- 1-2 teaspoons of oil
- 4-5 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Large spoon or spatula
- Microwaveable bowl
1. Put the Peeps and oil in a microwavable bowl and microwave on low to medium power (microwaves vary) for 20-25 seconds.
2. Remove bowl and stir/knead in cornstarch to form dough. We used 4 heaping tablespoons for the bunnies and 5 for the chicks. After you get most of the cornstarch incorporated you can start to knead the dough with your hands. This step took about 3-5 minutes.
3. Play with your new dough! While Peep-dough is fun, it is best used for one-time play.
Try making dough with different kinds and colors of Peeps.
For more vibrant colors add food coloring.
– from the creative mind and now messy kitchen of Miss Rita