Just call us Bond. James Bond… Junior. This project will get your littles on the path to becoming the world’s best secret agent super spy. Get ready for takeoff, because here’s what you’ll need to create a soda bottle jetpack.
Messy level: 3 (because of spray paint)
(5 = Super messy. 1 = Not messy at all.)
- Two empty 2 or 3 liter soda bottles (without caps)
- Spray paint
- Duct tape
- Red and orange felt (construction paper also works)
- Hot glue
1. Spray paint the two bottles and let dry completely. (We used grey, but any color will work.)
2. While the bottles are drying, cut out your flames from the felt. You’ll need two large flames and two medium flames. Download a template here. Hot glue the medium flames into the middle of the large flames. (You can also use a red marker to add more flames to your felt.)
3. Once the bottles are dry, duct tape them together.
4. Make shoulder straps for your jetpack by folding long strips of duct tape over onto itself. Tape to your bottles.
5. Hot glue your flames to the inside mouth of your soda bottles.
6. Get ready for your first secret agent super spy assignment! Blast-off!
– from the creative mind of Miss Sarah H.