Cooking reinforces math skills, reading skills, science concepts and helps children follow multi-step directions! These cookies transform in the oven making them just as fun to make as they are to eat! So put on an apron, wash your hands and get cooking with your budding little chefs!
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. oil
- 6 tbsp. cocoa
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Combine sugar, oil, cocoa and vanilla.
2. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
4. Add flour and baking powder to other ingredients and mix.
5. Chill dough for 2 hours.
6. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Roll into balls. Use 1 teaspoonful of dough for each ball and roll in powdered
8. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
9. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.