See program & class descriptions on calendars: March | April | May | June
Friday, Apr. 3, and Friday, May 1, 4:30-8pm
Just one (1) dollar per person over the age of 1 makes this Friday night affordable for all due to the generosity of Electric Boat Employees Community Services Association.
Note: As always, last admission is 30 minutes before closing.
Spring Break for local schools brings week-long special event!
3rd Annual Stories Galore: Celebration of Children's Literature
Monday - Friday, April 13 - 17, 10 am-3:30 pm
Join us each morning from 10-11 am (10-10:30 on Friday) with special visits from Connecticut-based authors and illustrators as they share their stories, how they got their ideas, and the process of writing a book. Visiting authors will have their books for sale and signing!
- Monday - April Brunelle, illustrator of "Nosy Rosie"
- Tuesday - Lauren Alyssa Wendus, author of the "Oliver Poons" series.
- Wednesday - Anna Westbrook, author/illustrator,"You Can't Read This Book," "I Will Never Stop Coloring"
- Thursday - Sheila Murphy Adams, author of "Louie Digs Up a Surprise," "Puffy No-Nose,"The Coolest Kids in School," "Beads, Bands, and a Brass Ring"
- Friday - Tish Rabe, best-selling author of The Cat in the Hat Learning Library including "There's No Place Like Space," "Oh the Things You Can Do That Are Good for You!," "The Clam I Am".
Jump inside a book and become a character from the story! "Bring a Book Alive" from 12-1:30 pm each day and travel back in time just like Jack and Annie from the Magic Tree House. Make your way through stations learning about spells, dinosaurs (check out a real dinosaur fossil), and magical sand.
Harry Potter fans can join us from 2-3:30 pm for our "Visit to Hogwarts." Stations are set up throughout the museum and include Wand Making, Herbology, Potions, Spells, and the Care of Mythical Creatures.
Each participant in Stories Galore is eligible to receive a free book to take home.
• Thanks to our sponsor – TARGET – all activities are included with Museum admission.
Earth Day - Recycled Items Art Craft
Wednesday, April 22, 1-2:30 pm
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! Create a masterpiece from recycled items.
Included with admission.
Smart Cart in the Museum
Tuesdays-Fridays, 11:30 am
Our educators join you on the museum floor and bring something from creatures to mad science!
• Free with admission.
Interested in joining our team? We list employment opportunities here.
Tuesdays - Saturdays, 9:30-4:30
Closed Mondays - except for school holidays
(Please note: last admission is ½ hour before closing.)
Admission fee: $7/person.
Children under 1 and members are free.
409 Main Street • Niantic, CT • Phone: 860-691-1111 • Fax: 860-691-1194